Monday, November 18, 2013

Chocolate Granola



 I have had a serious craving for granola lately, and any "store bought" brand I tried really wasn't hitting the spot, so I took it upon myself to do a little research and devise my own "cleaner" granola recipe. I think my favorite part about granola is that you can pretty much add anything you want into your own mixture and you can also add your final product to anything or eat it by itself! This recipe is a good base to expand on, but quite frankly, I'm pretty happy with my final product! I think i'm going to try using Nutella instead of peanut butter the next time for a "cheat" snack! Hope you all enjoy!

Chocolate Granola
Macros:
Serving: about 1/3 cup
(Total / per serving)
2795 / 345 calories
107 / 13 g Fat
419 / 52 g Carbs
39 / 5 g Protein
Ingredients:
2 Cups Oats
½ Cup Woodstock Organic Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. All Natural Peanut Butter (I used Crazy Richard’s)
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
¼ Tsp. Salt
½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (I used Hershey’s Special Dark, but there are better options)
¼ Cup Chopped/Sliced whole natural Almonds
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt together the brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until well combined; remove from heat.
3. Combine the oats, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the brown sugar mixture into bowl; stir well to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and almonds. Spoon into the prepared pan; pat down and spread evenly.
4. Bake in preheated oven until browned (Approx. 20 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment